may Kudeta Chever na naman daw
Trillanes, Lim walk out of hearing, call for Arroyo ouster
Senator Antonio Trillanes IV and Brigadier Gen. Danilo Lim walked out of a Makati City courtroom as they called upon the Filipino people to withdraw support from President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.
Radio dzMM said Lim, who faces court martial proceedings in connection with the Feb. 24, 2006 coup, was set to testify or had already testified when the incident occurred.
Lim served as a negotiator during the height of the Oakwood Mutiny, which was launched by the Magdalo on July 27, 2003. Lim was summoned as a witness for the defense panel.
"Ngayon na po ang panahon. Samahan po ninyo kami dito sa Makati. (Now is the time. Join us here in Makati)," Trillanes said on dzMM radio.
In a separate interview with GMA Flash Report, Trillanes appealed for popular support.
"Ito po ay panawagan sa pagbabago, kaya ang lahat ng naniniwala na dapat umahon na tayo sa kahirapan, ipakita nila ang suporta. Pumunta sila sa Makati," Trillanes said.
He, however, declined to say where the march - joined by former Vice President Teofisto Guingona Jr - was going.
Lim, Trillanes and a number of supporters were reportedly marching along Makati Avenue towards the Ayala Avenue thoroughfare as of posting time.
On the other hand, Armed Forces spokesman Lt. Col. Bartolome Bacarro downplayed the Trillanes and Lim's actions, even as he continued monitoring radio reports about developments in Makati City.
"Wala namang problema, they are just giving their statement," Bacarro told GMANews.TV in a telephone interview.
Bacarro confirmed that Lim and Trillanes' escorts are still with them. "Kasama ang escorts. Their escorts continue to guard them," Bacarro said.
When asked if this action was sanctioned by or was coordinated with the military, Bacarro said: "I will check."