February 25, 2016

GODS OF EGYPT movie review



I have this fascination with the Egyptian culture and like how I was amazed with Brendan Fraser's The Mummy series, I didn't fail to catch up with Gods of Egypt, now showing in cinemas.
Gods of Egypt tells the story of how a mortal Bek (Brenton Thwaites) teams up with the fallen king, Horus (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), to retrieve Egypt from Set (Gerard Butler) and save his love Zaya (Courtney Eaton) from the afterlife and restore Horus' power. With the help of the other gods they engage along the way, they were able to restore order from chaos invited by Set.

The movie was resplendent from start to finish when all characters are adorned by jewels and gold as we have been introduced by the Egyptian culture on how they respect gods and people from the afterlife. I remember LOTR movies on how the shots were executed and how CGI was executed. You'll just have to look onto the action sequences and the scenes as they are visually stunning. Best of all, gods bleed gold! That is really something new.
I read in another forum that Gods of Egypt has been whitewashing because of the Hollywood cast. For me, I just didn't care as it I think only aimed to entertain. Though, the only person close to the Egyptian looks is Hathor, Elodie Yung. They could have at least selected more Egyptian-looking cast.

Subscribe to my updates:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be kind to post your insights. Thanks.

Popular Posts